Research has shown that 40% of the difficulties experienced in fertility and conception are a result of problems with sperm.
TCM can play a major role in assisting male fertility. There is an increasing body of scientific research demonstrating its effectiveness.
Difficulties with fertility can take over your entire life and be the cause of extreme stress and anxiety. If you are considering parenthood, it is really worth thinking about how TCM can help.
Research regarding Acupuncture and Male Fertility
1. A prospective randomised placebo-controlled study of the effect of acupuncture on infertile patients with severe oligoasthenozoospermia. Dieterle et al. Fertility and Sterility, 2009 Oct
2. Point- and frequency-specific response of the testicular artery to abdominal electroacupuncture in humans. Cakmak Y et al. Fertility and Sterility, 2008
3. Quantitative evaluation of spermatozoa ultrastructure after acupuncture treatment for idiopathic male infertility. Pei J et al Fertility and Sterility, 2005 July
4. Effects of acupuncture and moxa treatment in patients with semen abnormalities. Gurfinkel E et al. Asian Journal of Andrology, 2003 Dec
5. Influence of acupuncture on idiopathic male infertility in assisted reproductive technology. Zhang M et al. Journal of Huazhong University, 2002
6. Does acupuncture treatment affect sperm density in males with very low sperm count? A pilot study. Siterman S et al. Andrologia, 2000 Jan
7. Effect of acupuncture on sperm parameters of males suffering from subfertility related to low sperm quality. Siterman S et al. Archives of Andrology, 1997 September – October